• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and Trunk only lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

Reaction score
Hi,

I am very new to this and need an answer to a quick question.

Can we use 3cx with a trunk or call termination type service from our provider. We are planning on using entanet http://www.entacall.co.uk

they offer a service called easyaccess, where all they do (apparently) is point the lines we have ordered to our IP address, can 3cx work in this configuration. or do you need some more information?

Cheers in advance

Toby

Like some more information, see trunking can be different for different people.

they offer a service called easyaccess, where all they do (apparently) is point the lines we have ordered to our IP address
Is that one address? and is the traffic full SIP compliant?

If so I do not see a problem as long the 3cx box sits on the IP address where the VSP is sending the traffice to. I have not seen a config like that, but I can see that it can work. But I do not know for sure.

Best for the 3cx boys to comment on this one actually.

the traffic as far as i understand it is all sip complent.

I beleive this sort of configuration means that the porvider does not give me a virtual pbx, all the processing by my pbx, so i don't have the equivalent of a sipgate account (i think, but i might be wroong.

Hi Toby

Did you ever get this situation resolved and if you did, how did you do it?

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.