3cx and USB Handsets

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by troosters, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troosters

Hi,

are there any USB handsets out that are fully supported by 3cx ? So that all the buttons work :) ?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are no USB handsets supported by 3CX at this time. Maybe others have some experience using them and can give you an idea of what does or does not work. Just keep in mind that 3CX is an IP based phone system using SIP protocols.

3. troosters

I have been talking to 3cx support as well and as they don't support it (yet) they cannot give me models that might work.

I know the problem never is that the voice works, but the buttons on the handsets should work as well.

Is there no one here that has ever tested it before ?

And found a working one, off course :)

4. AndrewT

We have made Plantronics Blackwire 310 USB headsets work by using the old (unsupported) Spokes software. Also the CS-50USB wireless headsets work with this software too, but they are a little flakier.

Andrew

5. lneblett

He is looking for a USB phone (handset), not a headset.

I tried one a number of years ago, but never got it to work and gave up. Ended up using a softphone and like you a USB headset (Jabra).

6. troosters

Yeah, the handsets is the most important one. But I might be able to sell them small phones as well.

BUT the client also has plantronics w440m (the M stands for Microsoft :|)

Would they work with 3cx ?

7. lneblett

Don't know about the headsets working. You might contact Plantronics (maybe a firmware option) for advice or get one from the client and test accordingly.

8. michaelholt

We are running Lync with the most current configuration through Office 365 on E4 educational accounts. We can use Lync through USB specific phones built to connect to Lync via a USB connected computer.

We just purchased some Ubiquiti UVP android phones capable of running Lync via android. I am assuming that those phones will continue to work with Lync while connected to a computer regardless of 3CX.

Just my 2 cents thinking out of the box on a unorthodox and mousetrap setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.