3cx and vista

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sittsh, May 8, 2007.

1. sittsh

Does 3cx work with vista

I use it with xp and i need a faster pc and don't want to get an old model pc so i have to takeone with vista but was wondering if i have to reformat and install xp or should i keep the vista.

I'm sure some of you may have it working with vista but i want to know if it is made to support vista.

2. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Vista is supported but not recommended. Basically most of your computer resources are wasted on the OS. But if you disable IP v6, then you can use 3CX Phone System on it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with 3cx Support.

After installing and fiddling with it (I installed it on Vista Ultimate) I decided to leave it on W2K3 SBS for the time being. Seems to work stable on that machine.

I am using the call assistant on Vista to track who is calling whilst I am watching telly (Vista is my MCE box :)).

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

if you plan to use the pc not as a dedicated server for 3cx i think u can use virtualpc 2007 and set up a virtual maschine running 2k or xp - i prefer 2k (my record in non stop running w2k without reboot was more then 2 years it was a hp pc that was not connected with the internet and handle printjobs and was used for pbx configuration and as fileserver)