• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx and vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittsh

Reaction score
Does 3cx work with vista

I use it with xp and i need a faster pc and don't want to get an old model pc so i have to takeone with vista but was wondering if i have to reformat and install xp or should i keep the vista.

I'm sure some of you may have it working with vista but i want to know if it is made to support vista.

Vista is supported but not recommended. Basically most of your computer resources are wasted on the OS. But if you disable IP v6, then you can use 3CX Phone System on it.

I agree with 3cx Support.

After installing and fiddling with it (I installed it on Vista Ultimate) I decided to leave it on W2K3 SBS for the time being. Seems to work stable on that machine.

I am using the call assistant on Vista to track who is calling whilst I am watching telly (Vista is my MCE box :)).

if you plan to use the pc not as a dedicated server for 3cx i think u can use virtualpc 2007 and set up a virtual maschine running 2k or xp - i prefer 2k (my record in non stop running w2k without reboot was more then 2 years it was a hp pc that was not connected with the internet and handle printjobs and was used for pbx configuration and as fileserver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.