3CX and VoiceMail to Distribution list issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsarmiento, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsarmiento

Hello Everyone this is my very first post. I am currentyl running the free version of 3CX and everything is working fine except one issue I am facing.

I have enabled voicemail and I have it setup to where it sends me an email as an attachment when ever someone leaves me a voice message.

Now what I am trying to do is setit up to send vmail attachments to a distribution list instead of a single email address.

The problem is that this is not working. I can recieve vmail attachements to a single email address fine, but again the problem is when I remove email address of extension and put in a email address whch is a ditribution list.

I have scoured all settings in 3cx but have not found what I am looking for.

I run my own exchange 2007 server and 3CX is on another seperate box.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Julio Sarmiento

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

This is probably a problem of your mail server, not 3CX

3. jsarmiento

Thanks for the reply I will go back and look at the logs on my mail server as well as 3cx server. I just find it odd that it works with single email address and not distro group. When I try to simply send mail from outlook to that distro it works it goes to all the members of that distro.

4. dab

dab

Have you tryed from outside of your exchange organisation during your tests? In my environment sending to exchange DL's works as expected.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrKoen

I'm using a similar setup here. Works fine. I have the e-mail address for one voip extension in 3CX set to a distribution group in Active Directory with an e-mail address assigned to it. It must indeed be a problem of your Exchange server. I've used this with Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 and all work fine. Check if you can access your mailserver as configured in the 3CX settings from the 3CX server itself. Do a telnet to port 25 and simulate the mail sending process:

HELO me
    MAIL FROM: <test@address.local>
    RCPT TO: <yourdistributionlist@yourexchangeserver.local>
    DATA
    QUIT

Big change somewhere in this process you will receive an error indicating what is wrong. I'm guessing you haven't configured relaying properly. From Exchange 2007 onwards this is disabled by default on your SMTP connector.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jsarmiento

Thank You for the information, I have not looked into that. But will definately check the config on my exchange server. I will post back my findings.

Thanks
    Julio Sarmiento
    MCP,MCSA,MCSE 2003, CCNA

7. jsarmiento

Ok so I found my issue,

When creating and Exchange 2007 distro group, exchange by defaults put security in place that requires any email going to that distro to authenticate. I unchecked this box and now my 3cx server is able to email my distro and several people now can get the vmail attachments.

I just want to thank you guys for pointing me in right direction, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Julio Sarmiento
    MCP,MCSA,MCSE 2003, CCNA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.