3cx and web proxy, Updates, smtp, license issues.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jwebster, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwebster

Hi
    We have just set up a customer which is a school that runs behind a web proxy and as such I couldn't get the 3cx server to access the internet in order to register the license, download updates or connect to the smtp server.
    Just wondering if there is an easy way that anyone has found to get the 3cx server to connect to a proxy in order to connect to the internet for these functions. If not I have to take a 3g dongle with me when doing future school installs. Please note these are just using grandstream 4104's for breakout so no sip connectivity required.

thanks
    James

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'd be very interested in hearing that someone has found a work-around for that . I can't even get a remote extension to work behind a Web Proxy.

3. nicks

Hi,

Did you try configuring the proxy settings in the Internet Options Control Panel on the 3CX server?

@leejor - I am not sure I am understanding how the web proxy would be affecting remote extensions.

4. Aboxtech

You might want to take a look at stunnel. it does port redirects. I don't know if it will work in your case, but it sure has helped me out a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.