3CX and Zywall 5 NAT Firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xxxomxxx, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxxomxxx

Hi All

i have Sipcall as a provider and am having troubles getting calls. Everything works fine for a while after the 3cx is started. All lines register to my provider. But after some time you can call my Number and you get no ringing on the phone. The 3CX is still registered at the Proivder (Sipcall) but the port to the 3CX which is translated by my firewall is probably closed so the SIP gateway at Sipcall can not forward the call to my 3CX.

I think a re-registration of all the lines every 3600s or so would actually be the best solution, can i force 3cx to do that?

Zywall 5 Setup:
    Portforwarding/Firewall: 5060, 5090, 9000-9050 open and forwarded
    SIP ALG activated, timeout is set to unlimited (obviously doesnt work)

thanks for any advice

2. pjr

pjr New Member

We use Zywall/Zyxel devices and you should not need to have SIP ALG activated - this can cause problems if switched on.

You can set the registration interval for your VOIP Provider under VoIP Provider Settings > Advanced > Registration Settings.

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xxxomxxx

ok, why is the ALG funtion there? I'll try with the ALG turned off.

what registration interval is recommended?

i found an option to turn off the stun server which is recommended by my provider. So know i have stun turned off, reregistration to 180s. Lets see if it still works t/w morning :roll:

4. pjr

pjr New Member

Did you manage to get this working with your Zywall 5 in the end?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.