• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Android 12 not connecting at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
3CX v.12 - 3CXAndroid v.12 - various handsets including HTC One X, Nexus 5, etc. have been tried.

Well I'm rolling out v12 for the first time on a "real" site and mostly it's smooth as you like but...

Clients trying to log in with Android phones from outside the office are just going no-where.

We've basically cribbed the account settings from the 3CXPhone-4-Windows clients that are being autoprovisioned by the 3CX server. (Which are working, by the way).

Ticking the box to use Tunnel from outside of the office.

It *appears* from the client screen that the Tunnel IS connecting but then there's just no final "extension" login. After a few moments it goes back to "Not Registered".

WOULD I expect a DIFFERENT error if the tunnel failed to connect? It'd be easier to debug if I could see the tunnel connection separate from the SIP login.

Can I see more detail about the (attempted) SIP logins than the Server Activity Log shows by default? It only seems to log successfull logins, no sign of failed logins and definitly no sign of WHY they failed.

On the 3CX logs page, as I recall on V12, there is a Verbose check box (at the top) which allows more detailed logs.

I would start with getting the extensions working locally (same LAN), first. Then move onto working without the tunnel, remotely, using Wifi (then 3/4G as needed). As a last step, try using the tunnel.

When you reach the step where it fails, then rely on the logs for clues as to what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.