Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Android clients not always showing under Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Seth Mos, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth Mos

We have a few people that use their extension with the Android 3CX Client, which works fine. However, the Android clients only show up under "Phones" in the management UI after a recent call.

This makes it really hard to see which extensions actively use the client. It would be even better if there was a way to display when the client last checked in. It might be hard to do with clients that have PUSH enabled as these generally sleep for a long time.

Our management was enquiring if there was much demand for the clients, but even my own extension didn't display the Android client. After calling myself it indeed showed up in the "Phones" listing.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Seth Mos

When a push comes through and the android/IOS device wakes up it registers on the management console. Once the call ends and the android device goes to sleep the client becomes un-register (and you can not see it under phones) and the push kicks in.
    In order to see it constantly under phones it means that the device will always be on and the client will be registered which is not good for battery life of your device.

3. Seth Mos

Hello YiannisH,

I am well aware that the Android and iOS clients sleep, waiting for a PUSH message from the Cloud. This works really well. I was just hoping there was a page that listed which extensions also use the 3CX app on their phone (for support and instructions). As the management console currently works it is not possible to find these. Perhaps these clients can be shown under "Phones" with their last registration date so they can atleast be tracked.

Just thinking out loud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.