• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX android LG G4 isseus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riesche

Reaction score
Hello,

With our company we have for a couple of months the 3cx system. I am on a LG G4 android V6.0 with 3CX V14 and i have some issues on wifi, 3G and 4G .
1. the app won't unlock the phone so i have to unlock first before i can answer.
2. The app must be always on the forground, when i wan't to see a email or look at a picture the sound of the person i am calling starts to crack and i can't understand anything.
3. The proximity sensor doesn't work propely. The screen goes black, but the touch stil works. when i put the phone to my ear sometimes the volume goes down because my ear is touching the screen. I have read in a other post that when you answer a call you push the on/off button and the screen goes black and you can touch it with your ear and. Thats true, but when you do that and you are calling somebody where you have to push a extention number on your keypad then you must first unlock your phone to do that.

Maybe it's a issue with the LG or android, but when i talk to my colleagues on IOS with 3cx 5 out of 10 time its quality is bad.
The sound quality and latency is poor, when i call by gsm (the old fasion way) i enjoy that i can hear good no latency or echo, no app that is not working properly.

I am not here to bash 3cx i love technologie, but i workt with it for a few moths and it has to many problems for me.

Maybe someone can help to resolve these issues.

Best regards,
Richard

One of the problems with finding a "quick fix" is that there are a lot of variables involved. Your provider, your particular phone, your Android version along with your other apps as applied (and running in the background), along with any that may have been installed by the provider that sold you the handset. All can affect call quality, and how the handset behaves.

I just returned from Europe, and in Germany the provider I used, had terrible quality when using 3CX, but, not all the time, all other Data seemed to be fine. In the UK, the provider I used was great almost all the time.

Have you tried any latency tests from your phone over your provider? What about when using 3CX over a Wifi connection with 3/4G disabled. What about over the same provider but on a different make/model handset?

Some comments as I have LG G3 also on Android 6.0 & 3CX v14:

1. the app won't unlock the phone so i have to unlock first before i can answer.
Yes - same here.

2. The app must be always on the foreground, when i wan't to see a email or look at a picture the sound of the person i am calling starts to crack and i can't understand anything.
Don't have that problem. Audio is fine.

3. The proximity sensor doesn't work properly.
Proximity sensor works ok, screen blanks and touch is disabled as expected.

There are some advanced settings you might try changing, This is what I have:
Echo cancellation - Off
Silence detection - Off
Microphone Source - Advanced
Audio Subsystem - OpenSL

I had some trouble with codecs - I have settled on GSM (first priority) then G.711,actual data rates with these are 32 and 88kb/s after overheads - both work fine over 4G/LTE or WiFi. The media server however doesn't seem to transcode iLBC or SPEEX.

I have tried a factory reset on my phone and then only installed 3CX and had the same problem. Oke, it can still be the phone or the android version. I go to many different country's and don't know which provider is best and has the lowest latency. i buy a simcard that they recommend and mostley i have great internet 4G.
it's like you say "there are a lot of variables involved" and i don't like that, it's a company phone, it has to work out of the box. I don't wan't to check things to get my phone working i have a job to do.
when i put a simcard from a nother provider in my smartphone i only have to enter the pin number, all the setting (SMS, MMS and Internet) are automaticly downloaded and it works. thats how i like it and it should be

The funny thing is the smartphone i got is powerfull enough but has issues with 3cx, a friend has got a very lo spec LG smartphone (type i don't know) duo core low-res screen lowwer-res camera, its a horrible slow phone to work with but no sound issues on 3cx. the screen issue are there but sound quality is good, not great but good.
Every one likes to get a new phone but i have to try 3cx then first before i can get one.

Oke when 3cx works it can save a lot of money, but but the system has a long way to go to be flawless.

The fact that a lower spec phone doesn't seem to have as many "sound" issues would lead me to believe that it is something on your specific handset that may be bogging things down and not the 3CX app. You said when you try to do other things, the voice quality suffers, that would seem to be another indication that the processor is very busy. Have you tried using the G.711 codecs as first choice? Yes, they are a higher bit rate/bandwidth, but, they don't require as much processor power to encode/decode. That might make a difference

I tried G.711 (uLaw) and G.7 11 (aLaw). still bad quality. Your right it sounds like the processor is very busy. In windows it is possible to give some processes higher priority can you make that choice in android?

There are some way to determine which Apps are "hogging" all of the processor time. It all depends on the version of Android you are running. In some cases it may require an App to do it. Do a web search on it. What you can try is to stop all running apps (some automatically restart) that are not required (things you may have started manually and they just kept running), in the hopes of finding what may be causing the problem, if that is the problem.

Hello I have a LG G4 and I notice exactly the same malfunctions.
The application is not compatible with the LG G4 (Android 6.0), at least not with the original ROM.
I just tested the application on a Samsung A3 (2016) and everything works great.

I specify that I tested the G4 in Wifi mode and with several operators (3G / 4G).

I am really disappointed.

Hi Mercury,

Welcome to 3CX Community.
What version of 3CX Phone Client do you use ?
What kind of issues do you have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.