Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Android phone connects-disconnects... over tunnel

Discussion in 'Android' started by MatsW, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatsW

I have 3CX Phone for Android installed on a Samsung Galaxy 4 Mini, and it works fine when I'm connected to my LAN via WiFi. But when I connect via a 3CX Tunnel then I see a first see a message "Registering", "Tunnel Connection" and finaly "Hung up" (massages traslated from Swedish). Then a message at the top of the screen says "Disconnected", then "Connecting...", then "Disconnected", "Connecting..." and so forth. I can make and receive calls, but it seems like something doesn't work as it should.

I also have a Win7 machine with 3CX Phone which I also can connect via 3CX Tunnel and it connects without any problem.

Any suggestion what the cause to this can be?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are using version 12, then that is the presence information, not the registration status. It had me a bit baffled at first too. You have to forward port 5000 on your router. The presence info does not make use of the tunnel, as I understand it.

3. MatsW

Ok. I'll try that. But the odd thing is that it presence information works fine on 3CX Phone for Windows without forwarding port 5000.

4. MatsW

Now it works. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.