Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Android phone on Samsung Rugby Pro?

Discussion in 'Android' started by leejor, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has attempted the 3CX phone on the Samsung Rugby Pro? It's a Mil spec phone that may be based on one of the other models but given a tough exterior. It is one of the models I'm considering as a set replacement.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Update...

Well, the initial testing seem to indicate that the basics work, at least over wifi. This is on an SGH-i547C running Android version 4.0.4. Will be doing more testing as time goes on to see if any "bugs" arise.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Installed the new 3Cx Phone 3.0 on the Samsung Rugby Pro...and so far so good. All of the basics seem to function properly. Have not yet had a chance yet to see if the connection is maintained over a long period. Have only used on Wifi, will try over LTE this next week. Love the fact that there is now a Voicemail indicator.

The only suggestion I have, would be to change the "Out-of-office" Icon from one that looks like a house (home), to that of a walking person, similar to what you would see on a Walk sign at an intersection. If someone is using the PBX in a home office situation, it could be confusing.

Update...over LTE seems to be working just great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.