3CX Android phone on Samsung Rugby Pro?

Discussion in 'Android' started by leejor, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has attempted the 3CX phone on the Samsung Rugby Pro? It's a Mil spec phone that may be based on one of the other models but given a tough exterior. It is one of the models I'm considering as a set replacement.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Update...

Well, the initial testing seem to indicate that the basics work, at least over wifi. This is on an SGH-i547C running Android version 4.0.4. Will be doing more testing as time goes on to see if any "bugs" arise.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Installed the new 3Cx Phone 3.0 on the Samsung Rugby Pro...and so far so good. All of the basics seem to function properly. Have not yet had a chance yet to see if the connection is maintained over a long period. Have only used on Wifi, will try over LTE this next week. Love the fact that there is now a Voicemail indicator.

The only suggestion I have, would be to change the "Out-of-office" Icon from one that looks like a house (home), to that of a walking person, similar to what you would see on a Walk sign at an intersection. If someone is using the PBX in a home office situation, it could be confusing.

Update...over LTE seems to be working just great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.