3CX android v14 account addition & License Rehosting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rsaxe17, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsaxe17

Hi,

1. Has the ability to manually create new SIP account for android phones/iphone been removed ?
    2. In case of re-installation of 3CX system, will it require licenses to be rehosted ?

Thanks,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What have you encountered that leads you to believe this?

If the MAC address changes, for whatever reason, then, I believe you would have to contact the 3CX partner that you purchased the original licence from, to arrange it to recognise the new MAC/hardware.

3. 12494

12494 Member

It does appear that you must use a provisioning file to configure an extension on an Android mobile phone.

Not sure what you mean by 'licenses rehosted'? You may have to use the Settings/Licensing to activate your license. Are you re-installing from scratch or using a backup file?

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rsaxe17

I've attached a screenshot of 3CX v14 from android version 6.0.1. There is no option to manually create SIP account.
    I tried installing v14 on android version 5 and it has the same result.
    However for v12, it does give an option to manually create SIP account.
    Let me know if there is a possibility to add the account manually or if otherwise I've looking at the wrong place !

Thanks,

Attached Files:

5. rsaxe17

Hi Allen,

I was trying to rebuild the VM. I believe I have to get in touch with the vendor...

Thanks,

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be that more problems were raised, allowing manual creation of accounts, than there were benefits. Given that the last few version of the 3CX phone for Android has to match the version of PBX, it would stop the attempt to use the wrong combination. I've always created my accounts manually (haven't moved to V14 just yet), but I can understand that many companies would see the benefit of preventing end users from attempting to do the same.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

leejor is spot on.

The option to add an account manually has been removed, you must add the account either from a Welcome Email or by assigning it to an extension through PnP if it is on the same LAN as the Phone System.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.