Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx api

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by octopus, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octopus

I am examining the 3cx software to see if it feals my needs
    I need to know if the API of 3cx supports my needs:

1. call is received by 3cs server
    2. 3cx server takes data from my applications and accordingly selects a Digital Receptionist.
    3. 3cx server sends data that the caller entered into my application

This functionality essensial for me so please I need an answer or a direction.

thanks

2. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi Octopus,

The short answer is no.

The slightly longer answer is that only step 2 wont work. 3CX routes a call to a DR based on the number dialed or by some internal route goverened by the behaviour you configure within 3CX. It's not possible to route call based on data from an external application.

I hope this helps.

Emmet.

3. octopus

Thanks Emmet for the reply, I understand your answer so let me rephrase my question
    When a call is made, The Digital Receptionist is supposed to be made according to my application's DB, so I need a workaround to do that - maybe my app can change the voice file of the Digital Receptionist or something like that?

4. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

I'm note sure it's possible.

The calls come in via a SIP trunk (for example) and are then routed by 3CX accordingly, I think you would have to have an app that registred the SIP trunks itself, pickup the inbound caller ID, mathed with data in your DB and then placed the call directly to the extension on the corresponding DR.

I think really the basis of the API is to allow existing calls on the system to be manipulated, ie transferred, dropped etc. I dont think it allows you to route calls that haven't yet arrived on the system.

I could be wrong though, I'm not a software engineer.

5. octopus

Hi
    I am not interested in routing a call
    I want to get input from the caller to my DB and thats it
    The caller should listen to a Digital Receptionist according to my DB and the input it's choice and then the call ends.

do youknow anyone that I can ask this question in 3cx?

Thanks

6. octopus

Please can some one help me?

7. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi,

Ok, I think I know what you need now.

A called calls in the the DR, there are 3 choices. The caller chooses option 2, then hangs up, that choice is then recorded ni the DB.

Is that what you want?

If so you may have to employ the MS Exchange integration as the only thing you can get 3CX to pass to a DB by default is the CLI of the caller.

Regards,

Emmet.

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You will be able to do it very soon (Q3 2009).
    Take a look at this whitepaper (10. Easily build voice applications that increase productivity):
    http://www.3cx.com/white-papers/ - NEW LINK

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.