3CX app & CTI Phone when multiple phones are on same extension

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by the60, Oct 6, 2017.

3CX app & CTI Phone when multiple phones are on same extension 4 5 2votes
4/5, 2 votes

1. the60

the60 New Member

Please consider enabling two features in 3CX app:

1. "default" phone. For users with multiple devices, as well as multiple locations/workstations. Example: User has 2 locations (work & home). Work location has T48 & CP860. Home has T48. Enable ability of work location to default to preferred phone for that workstation (i.e., T48 at 192.168.10.x), and home location to default to preferred phone for home workstation (i.e., T48 @ 10.0.1.x).
    2. On the same subject, allow user to re-select / change device associated with their 3CX app.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Silly English Kniggit

I assume you mean 3CXPhone Windows?

Playing devils advocate - what happens if that user is on a laptop which they take with them - but phones stay in same place?

We have users who do this, and we've not seen this problem - but thinking it through, I'm wondering why because your request makes sense. I think "default" phone for CTI is stored in PBX (assuming CSTA CTI phone). For non-CSTA, then 3CXPhone controls phone directly - but I don't know where the knowledge of this phone is stored for 3CXPhone (I don't think it's in in the settings XML).

How about you just break CTI and use MakeCall? No... I didn't think you'd like that option - even if it would work. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...