• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX App Dropping Calls When Receiving Cellular Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdooley

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention this issue, but it is a big problem for me. When using the 3CX app any time I receive a call on my Cellular number the call is dropped from the 3CX app. It is not put on hold the other person is just disconnected, when I come back to the app it is reconnecting or already back in the main state of 'Available / ON Hook'. This happens everytime without fail, has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes out there?

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: Samsung Note5
Firmware Version: Android OS, v5.1.1
App Version: Latest 14

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Connection: Verizon LTE / 3G and WiFi

One my Co-Workers is currently going nuts about crashes and other issues with his android client.
Since i am almost never around to check it for myself, i can just repeat, what he is telling me.
But one of the issues is that he looses a call freuently when someone else calls him. Since a lot of our customers have his cellphone number, i guess, that those lost calls are actually bound to an incomming gsm call.

App Version: 14.0.57
Device: Sony Z3 Compact with Android 5.x
Connected via WiFi

I have also personally experienced this issue after quite a bit digging around, in my case it was due to the Cellular carrier. What was happening is that when I enabled data, my carrier gave me 4G with which I was on a VoIP call using the 3CXPhone app. In my case though, when a GSM call arrived, I noticed that the Data connection dropped from 4G to 3G at which point the IP also changed, so when I then went to resume the VoIP call, either the call had already been dropped or I could resume it, but had no audio.

The solution I found was to force the smartphone to always use 3G, so when a GSM call arrived, the IP would not change.

This worked for me, but I am using a Nexus 5 and it could be different from carrier to carrier.

Have also noticed this issue, can see it being a big issue if we have sites where they exclusively use the 3cxphone app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.