Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX App Dropping Calls When Receiving Cellular Calls

Discussion in 'Android' started by bdooley, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdooley

I haven't seen anyone mention this issue, but it is a big problem for me. When using the 3CX app any time I receive a call on my Cellular number the call is dropped from the 3CX app. It is not put on hold the other person is just disconnected, when I come back to the app it is reconnecting or already back in the main state of 'Available / ON Hook'. This happens everytime without fail, has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes out there?

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung Note5
    Firmware Version: Android OS, v5.1.1
    App Version: Latest 14

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Connection: Verizon LTE / 3G and WiFi

2. Lev

Lev New Member

One my Co-Workers is currently going nuts about crashes and other issues with his android client.
    Since i am almost never around to check it for myself, i can just repeat, what he is telling me.
    But one of the issues is that he looses a call freuently when someone else calls him. Since a lot of our customers have his cellphone number, i guess, that those lost calls are actually bound to an incomming gsm call.

App Version: 14.0.57
    Device: Sony Z3 Compact with Android 5.x
    Connected via WiFi

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have also personally experienced this issue after quite a bit digging around, in my case it was due to the Cellular carrier. What was happening is that when I enabled data, my carrier gave me 4G with which I was on a VoIP call using the 3CXPhone app. In my case though, when a GSM call arrived, I noticed that the Data connection dropped from 4G to 3G at which point the IP also changed, so when I then went to resume the VoIP call, either the call had already been dropped or I could resume it, but had no audio.

The solution I found was to force the smartphone to always use 3G, so when a GSM call arrived, the IP would not change.

This worked for me, but I am using a Nexus 5 and it could be different from carrier to carrier.

4. sensys

Have also noticed this issue, can see it being a big issue if we have sites where they exclusively use the 3cxphone app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.