Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX-App is unable to wakeup locked Tablet

Discussion in 'Android' started by Severin Meyer, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Severin Meyer

I have installed the android app on an Acer Tablet Iconia One 10 B3-A20 running Android 5.1
    When I lock the device with a pin, the 3CX-app is unable to wake up the device nor showing the app itself.
    Sometimes there is a app crash message after unlocking the device (which I have sent, wherever this is going).
    When I disable the lock, the app is working.

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello @Severin Meyer,

We have seen your report regarding this crash on B3-A20. Does this happen with the latest updates ?

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Severin Meyer

It was a beta release before, but I have now sent a crash report with the newest release 15.5.280.

4. Marios Neophytou

Hello,

I have not received any crash report yet for 15.5.280 version. The last report we received from you regarding that crash was on 24th of February using an old beta 15.5.266 version.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Severin Meyer

Ok this is getting really weird:

Unlocking the tablet has presented me some native android crash reports, which can then be sent via gmail account. I think these are forwarded to the android developer account of 3cx.

After sending some of them and pressing ok on others, the 3CX is not crashing, as long as I'm calling the tablets extension by an internal Yealink phone.
    When unlocked, it is ringing.
    When locked and in sleep, the phone is not ringing.
    When locked and the locked screen is present for entering pin, some times the display is going black and it seems that the 3cx app is coming up because the display is rotated (indicated by the menu buttons) but still black and not ringing.

When calling the tablets extension with my android phone connected to the mobile internet only (no WLAN)
    There is sometimes a native Android crash report, some times a 3CX send report message.

After that, also calling the tablet from the internal desktop phone will cause a native Android crash report, until i restart 3CX completely by "closing and ignore push" and open 3cx again.

6. Severin Meyer

As long as the display of the tablet is working in portrait mode, all is working as it should. Even when locked.
    But as soon as the display is in landscape mode (and perhaps in locked rotation mode) 3CX-app is unable to go over the lock screen.
    In some cases the app crashes then natively.

7. Marios Neophytou

Hello @Severin Meyer,

I observed that the App silently crash if you force rotation. i.e. lock the Tablet with the app remaining on foreground and then unlock the Tablet while is on landscape.
    Just to let you know that the app does not support rotation at the moment. However, forced rotation it might cause a silent crash.

Thank you for reporting that.

8. Severin Meyer

Just to be clear:
    - I can live with the current portrait mode of the 3cx app
    - The rotationlock in landscape is working with the 3cx app, as long as the device is not pin locked.
    - I just want that the 3cx app is at least ringing in the rotation and pin locked mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.