• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX App on iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
The App on my iPhone is saying non-registered. In the middle it keeps saying registering and time out. I've tried re-provision, re-register, deleted the app and re-loaded, and still the same issue... I tried on WiFi and 4G, and still an issue... No issue with the IP Phone...

How do you setup the app, did you do this via the config file attached to the Welcome email ?

Hi Heath,

Are you on the same LAN as the 3cx Server - when you say wifi?

Do you open ports in your firewall, to allow Connections from outside?

No. My 3CX is hosted at OVH. When I say wifi. My cell phone is connected to my wifi either at home or my office. I was able to use the app and was able to connect the last 3 days and this morning. Now all of a sudden I'm having issues, can't register, times out.

Do you use the 3CX tunnel? try running a new Firewall check on the PBX.

Did a new firewall check. All came back ok

What about the 3CX Tunnel, do you have this enabled on your Extension?

How about other 3CX Clients, like the Windows Softphone, is it able to connect?

I haven't tried other 3cx clients. Besides ip phone the app on my iPhone is it. In looking on phone provision for 3cx client I have checked 'use 3cx tunnel for remote connections (3cx client only)

I've sent you an PM.

Well I tried this and it worked. I did a resend of welcome email and deleted the config on the app and reinstalled it and that worked. But now my ip phone went out. I rebooted it was fine for a min and then went out again. Went in to the phone web GUI and says on status contact mismatch.

Are you using SBC or direct stun on your IP phone?

I believe sbc. Cause there is no IP address I. Stun server

No ip address?

The SBC is just a "software" which connects to the 3CX from your remote network, and then you can insert the SBC IP on your remote phones..

If you use stun, you will just connect directly to the 3cx..

In any case,you should see an IP adress either the 3cx or the SBC (or even both)

In the webgui there is no IP address in Stun. But when I reboot the IP phone I get service and it's fine. As soon as go to the 3cx app on my iPhone about 45 seconds my ip phone then goes to no service. When I look at the webgui on the phone status, says contact mismatch. I reboot the IP phone again phone loads and it's fine. Go to the app phone goes to no service.

There doesnt need to be an IP in the Webgui.. Which Model is it? - Look in the provisioning on 3cx for which type youre using.. Stun or SBC.

I don't think you understand. The phone hits my PBX and works fine. The issue is as soon as I go to the 3cx app about 45 seconds later the ip phone goes into no service. When I go into the webgui of the ip phone it says on status contact mismatch. I reboot the ip phone comes back up. Go back to the app phone goes out again

Where are your phones related to the PBX?
Same sub-net/LAN then this is strange behaviour.
If you have a firewall/NAT between the phone and the PBX then you need to use a SBC to use 2 phones behind the same firewall/NAT
More about the SBC here https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/

PBX hosted at OVR servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.