3cx App unable to connect off network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NessSanchez, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NessSanchez

I am currently using Iphone 6 plus IOS 10.3.3 with 3CX V15.5

I checked the firewall and all of the necessary ports are open
    When on the wifi the device connects flawlessly
    However once disconnected from the wifi it receives a timeout error when attempting to reconnect
    I have deleted the app, reinstalled it, and sent a new welcome email to set it up but am still experiencing the same issue.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

If not using 3CX tunnel for remote connections, check whether registration outside of LAN is allowed for corresponding extension, or force using 3CX tunnel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

An uninstall-reinstall wouldn't help as these kind of issues shouldn't be related to the app it's self, but the networking environment and/or PBX configuration.

Ports 5060/5090 for sip and tunnel and MyPhone 5001 are open externally? When disconnecting from WIFI, do you connect somewhere else (3G 4G?) or you're just disconnected?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried this on more than one WiFi hotspot?
    Does the same thing occur when using 3/4G?
    It it clear that the phone has established a data connection before an attempt at re-registration?
    Does the 3CX Activity Log show the re-registration attempt, and a rejection?

5. NessSanchez

The option for Disallowing off the LAN is not enabled.

6. NessSanchez

As per my first post, all the necessary ports are open open in the firewall. I am connecting to the cellular provide's network which is 4G LTE.

7. NessSanchez

I am not connceting to a wireless hotspot.

I have the iPhone connected to a wireless access point that is in the office. I go under settings, turn the Wifi off it connects to the 4G LTE cellular network. It goes out to register and the connection times out.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So is this behaviour consistent when using any other Wifi (home, any hotspot),when you disable Wifi, then try to connect to 4G? If you disconnect Wifi, then re-connect Wifi, does it have the same issue? Do you usually leave Wifi and 4G on at the same time? If you leave Wifi off, connect via 4G, drop the 4G connection, then turn 4G back on...does it register successfully? If so, I'm wondering if the phone (or the App) has an issue with having Wifi and 4G on at the same time, and this causes "confusion" (for the lack of a better word), when 3CX attempts to re-register. Some network settings may not be clearing, which prevents a connection.

9. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ness, when on 3/4G, the 3CX client shows "IPv6" onto display, top-left?
    P.S Additionaly, your iPhone allow 3CX client to use 3G (cellular data)?

10. Shawn

So the wireless access point in the office is on the local network? Here's what I would do: I would verify that the correct ports are indeed open from the public side. You can do a port scan from a site such as mxtoolbox.com or from a computer outside your LAN, telnet to the appropriate ports from the public side, to see if you get a connection or not.

Also, in the extension settings > phone provisioning > network > Network interface for registration and provisioning, make sure it's set to something that resolves correctly both when you're connected to the LAN (access point) and when you're out in the public (4G or access point outside of the office). You might have to setup a split DNS so that your 3CX FQDN resolved to the correct address whether you're on LAN or outside of LAN, depending on how your LAN to WAN traffic is setup. You can configure your WAN access to allow your 3CX client to go out the WAN and come back to the public address of 3CX on the WAN or just access 3CX internally through LAN. Some things to think about.

Do you this issues with other mobile clients? Has this worked before and now has stopped working?

Shawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.