3CX as hosted provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smtharrison, Nov 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smtharrison

Evening folks,

I'm a small ISP looking to do some hosting for sip trunks and small businesses. I have been a user of 3cx for a long time. Several onsite installs at schools, etc. I was looking at 3cx as an alternative to say Broadsoft. Does anyone currently do this? or is the 3cx model a seperate hosted instance/license for every institution (obvs this wouldn't work for residential and small 1-2 sip trunk sites.)

Thanks for any input. Just looking at 3cx first since I am more familiar. May have to go with a hosted white label service.

2. V..

V..

Hi smtharrison,

This is possible with some very careful planning and configuration, however for small sites why not go with a seperate instance and a PBX edition free license?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smtharrison

Just to pass a single residential trunk to an ATA? not really doable.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Hosting cloud solution having many PBXs or single users makes more sense for business like yours (ISP).
    You may create separate instance for each company customer and use one instance for all home users or single user accounts.
    The focus should be IP based end-points or only in some cases ATA.
    Corporate customers will normally require VPNs to their sites, which is additional service for you as an ISP

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 sip.bg, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. smtharrison

Thanks sip.bg. This is pretty much what I was thinking : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.