• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Assistant 9 installation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

discovery1

Reaction score
Hi there

If you try to install 3CX Assistant 9 to any other location other than the C: drive default location it seems to fail.
If i select the D: drive it fails but if i leave it at the default location on the C: drive it works.
All options including Outlook integration and the phone are selected.

This is on Windows 7 Enterprise using an administrator account.

EDIT:

It seems as though it is the VSO redistributable that has the issue. I can get it to work by leaving the install location as C: and running the VSO install to the end then changing the 3CX install location to the D: drive and starting that portion of the install.

Hi,
VSTO needs to be always installed on C: .
We can't change the installation of VSTO because this is a package offered by Microsoft.
The only option you could do is install normally on C: / Uninstall Call Assistant and Reinstall Call Assistant on D:
Thanks and Regards

Hi Michael

That's fine, but what i am saying is that if you choose the installation location to be anywhere else other than C: before you click the install button, the VSTO install fails silently and takes you back to the install now button which does nothing.

No matter how many times you click the install button after that, the 3CX install will fail until you choose the C: drive as the install location and get past the VSTO install portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.