3cx assistant and outlook RIGHTS

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bluetel2, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hi all,

we have problème with 3cx assistant and outlook contacts.
    it's only works if the user is an administrator or have administrator privilège. do you know solution to use 3cx assistant and outlook contacts in domain with restrcitives users.

it's on 3cx V8

Tks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, what call assistant and pbx version are you using.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hi,

the last version.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

so the users being part of an AD with only user rights can not make use of the CRM module to connect to Outlook?
    On a local PC or on in a TS?
    Are there any more policy on the users?

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, what operating system are you using? If Vista you have UAC on? Also do you see the CRM Plugin when starting Call Assistant?
    Thanks

6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, I will solve your problem very easy. All you need to do is basically open this link http://wiki.3cx.com/documentation/general/CRM/installing-crm-on-terminal-services
    and download a file called InstalUtilForCRMTS.zip. Run this script on every user profile which does not have administritive rights. Then open Call Assistant > File > Preferences > Options > Enable CRM Integration. Tick CRM Integration and Ok. With this you will work for sure.
    Thanks

7. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello,

tks you 2 for your answer.

after run the script it's the same probleme.
    it's physical computer integrated in a AD. When i launch 3cx assistant with an administrator account it's work, but not with an account which don't have administrative rights.

before it's worked with 3cx vor v7.

the error message when i try to connect to my outlook contacts list with 3cx assistant is "An error occured trying to obtain Microsoft outlook contact's folder list. No connexion can't be etablish because computer refuse connexion. addip:port

tks

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

What Windows OS are you using?
    VISTA, XP Windows 7 ?

Do you have outlook open at the time of this message?
    Is the plugin registered?

Open outlook - go to Tools, trust center, Add-ins - Is the 3CX Assistant Microsoft outlook add-in there - under the Active applications Add-ins?

This is the information we need to know in order to make some sense of what is going on.

Also can you give read write permissions to the users in the AD to the CRM folder in the program files? This is something we are working on at the moment but for now it needs to be done manually. Just the CRM Folder - nothing else. For now give full rights.

Thanks and regards

9. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

yes it's run with on xp with AD (some user can connect on this computer with differents rights).

10. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

I added some important info to the last post. Please have a look and send me back.
    Thanks

11. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

thanks Michael for your help.

i tryed this but it's always same problem :'( .

i test to make all rights in outlook pst file but same... programm files too, and 3cx assistant is on add-in to outlook.

tks regards

12. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

i will have a look at this and come back to you

13. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

tks you Stefan and Michael.

i note antoher thing, the configuration of 3cx assistant (preferences like ringing speaker, microphone etc...) don't save when we restart computer, when the user have not administartor rights.

14. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

thats the 3cx phone...

15. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

yes of course. :roll:
    hmm another bug (or not) when we start session the first time the 3cx assistant never connect, we must take "refresh".

16. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

nope i could not replicate this, due u have USB headsets or so witch are not loaded to the system when u boot it up and start later then then phone? After a reboot, close the the phone and start it again. when the sound driver is not present at the start of the phone we will not use it. if the device comes avaiable after a moment i will o back to that setting.

to the CRM, it does not work and i could not make it work either. we will provide an update.
    also somethimes my admin got stuck at log in at the CA.

17. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Yes you have right, it's USB headset, i understand better.

i will search system to boot 3cx system and phone after the total booting of computer.

thks

18. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

okey this we call then solved,

the both other things has to be fixed but the CRM will take longer then the login issue i guess.
    Plz keep on reading the change logs for the CA in the futuer.

thx for pointing out the issue!

19. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, bluetel

Please tell me 3CXPhone version (the one listed in its About). We had an issue at one time related to what you said, and it has been fixed but not released yet.
    Thanks
    vali

20. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

hope, we have maybe a fix if for u.
    when the phone is minimized he is not checking if his pref. audio config is available in reg. bases.
    i give u a pre version (we found this for Platonic) may it solves ur issue too.

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v8/3CXVoIPPhone4_9751.msi
    uninstall plz the phone of the ca if not u have 2 versions of it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.