Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Assistant Calling Out

Discussion in 'Windows' started by chris.walker, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.walker

Hi all,
    Trying to set up the 3cx Phone assistant. However, i'm having a problem making external calls. On the connections settings i have set the Dial Plan prefix as "9" as in the attachment to dial externaly, but the prefix dosen't attach to the number called when i make a call through the assistant software. Internal calls are fine, just the external calls fail to go through because they are missing this prefix. Also if you make a external call through outlook it works fine. Only when you make an external call throught the hotkey that is set.

Any idea's???

Attached Files:

• 3cx.jpg
      3cx.jpg
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
  2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi Chris

Could you post a copy of the 3CX Server Logs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

The dial plan prefix in the assistant wont automatically add the 9. It is used to show in the call list and for drag and drop features, especially between multiple pbx's

You can get around it by adding an outbound rule in 3cx and if the 9 is missing to external numbers then prepend it. Just make sure it is up higher than any other rules that may affect it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.