Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx assistant chat greyed out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by marcroms, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcroms

I have created a couple of "dummie" extensions and installed the 3cx assistant on two different pc's. I don't have any actual phones on the system yet. Why can I not chat? When I log on to 3cx I see both extensions but when I right click on either extension, the feature to chat is greyed out...any ideas on how to make chat work?

Thanks...I am sure it is something simple...

Joe

2. marcroms

Also, everything under the menu Action is greyed out as well...probably related...I am sure I am just missing something.

Thanks again..

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The "Simple" part you are missing is a license.

You need the Licensed version of 3CX to work with the Assistant, the Assistant Title must say: "Free Version" for you at the moment

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. marcroms

I had a feeling...I reviewed the website and the user manual and couldn't find anywhere that said the chat part of the software was only on a paid version...

I am going to get a trial key once I have a lot of things set up so I have longer to test what I really will use it for.

Thanks for the update!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.