3cx assistant connection issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ndl, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndl

ndl

I’ve just upgraded our users to the new 3cx assistant that was released last week, and suddenly users cannot connect to the pbx anymore that could before.

All the connection settings are correct.

Has a connection limit for the number of connected 3cx assistant clients just been introduced?

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Did you also upgrade to the latest 3CX Phone System version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ndl

ndl

yes we upgarded the server first

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Thats odd. I upgraded and everything is working better than ever so let me be the first to say you might want to try a wireshark capture and see whats going on although I can't imagine what would have changed that would cause yours to not connect. Can you describe your setup? Everything on the same subnet? Remote users? Did you test it with a single connection first? How many users are trying to connect? etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ndl

ndl

I agree for those that can connect it is a lot better, for a start all of the extensions now show up in the Extensions tree list.

Everything is on the same subnet, before the upgrade all the users could connect their assistant client.

I then walked around our users running the new setup then after 10 upgrades users could not log their new assistants into the server. Hence I was wondering is 3cx had introduced a connection limit.

Those already connected continued to work fine.

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

What exact version of the OS are you running? What kind of system? How much RAM?

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

We have made no connection restrictions. Your Ca's must connect. Can you confirm that the service is running or that you did not introduce any firewalls on the server? Can you install a CA on the local pbx and confirm whether it logs in or not?

Restart the call assistant service and Kerry has mentioned a valid point here - confirm that you have the latest versions of the CA clients on your network. It is important that you upgrade all CA Clients in your environment because older Call Assistants may cause problems.

How many assistants are you connecting? Are they external or all on the same network? Let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.