3CX Assistant CRM Integration

Discussion in 'Windows' started by scottmcgurk, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottmcgurk

Hi all, wondering if you could help me with the following issue;

Have downloaded the 3CX Phone System (Free) and applied the demo licence key so that we can test all features internally before making a decision, but have come across the following issue.

When installing the 3CX Assistant (Selected Assistant, Outlook CRM Integration, 3CX Phone) I recieve the following error message at the end of the installer:

"3CX Assistant CRM Integration

Cannot remove the security policy:
    ERROR: Invalid label or name"

The addin does not show in the Outlook 2007 addins section, at all.

The workstation in question is on a Server 2003 Domain, running Windows 7 with Outlook 2007 installed.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, trying to make a business case to upgrade our 3 sites to 3CX!

I have the roles of Domain Admin, Enterprise Admin and Workstation Admin on the domain.

Thanks in advance

Scott

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I've checked this out to see whether this is the case but could not reproduce it.

Could you tell me which version of the Assistant you are using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

here the crm is complaining about policies.

Keep in mind that if the computer configuration policies of the GPU have a restriction, you can be a DOMAIN ADMIN - it will still fail because these are loaded BEFORE you log in.

So in this case any Admin account even with full priv will have problems.

Try a test.
    Create a group policy, leave it without restrictions and assign it to a workstation. And tell us what happens.

Because then you will know that something is blocking in the GPU / Computer configuration.

Note: Computer configuration policies loaded BEFORE LOGIN.
    User configuration loaded during login.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The error message described happens when installutil.exe is executing the rollback action. So you had another error previously to this, which caused the installation of the add-in to fail. Can you check for the original error in the log file “3CX Assistant CRM Integration.InstallLog”, usually under “C:\Program Files\3CX Assistant\CRM”.

This is a security problem by which you might not have granted trust to the add-in assembly.

Send me the log file attached and we will have a look at it. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.