Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Assistant "error while connecting to server"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lsi, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsi

lsi

I'm receiving an "error while connecting to server" message while trying to log on with 3CX Assistant.

Everything was working earlier today, but tonight, it just simply stopped working. Have tried restarting services on server and everything else I could think of to no avail.

I fired up Wireshark and when the error message occurs, I see the following in Wireshark.

15935 9.445530 192.168.0.103 xx.xx.116.202 SIP Unknown request: Sip0SUBSCRIBE sip:500@xx.xx.116.202:5486[Malformed Packet]

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. lsi

lsi

And now today -- with absolutely no changes to my network, the ATA or the 3CX installation, everything is again working. Well, we did install a 16 caller license yesterday, but it still didn't work after that, or earlier today. I literally looked over and I was logged in.

When using Wireshark, I still see the same error, but everything still works.

Color me confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.