3CX assistant fails to connect to server

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ChameleonPaul, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChameleonPaul

Hi.

Recently downloaded, and now trialling, the PBX.

PBX seems OK, but 3CX assistant not connecting. Server details are correct. Ports are open. (no firewall on server. 3cx does not even connect when runn on server / localhost.)

Any clues?

Are there connection limits/restrictions and where?

Ta

2. ChameleonPaul

Ahh... Think I may have answered my own qu... I have downlaoded the free version... Does 3cx assistant even work in free version?

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Yes, the 3CX assistant works in the free version but only provides limited information. You will such a message shown in the display of the 3CX assistant (that it is a free edition and info is not available)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. skagen

TA, I had the same issue. My problem turned out to be the wrong port assigned under the file -> preferences -> advanced.
    it should be 5486. Also double check in the extension settings that you have the pin number set and you know what it is.

5. synapsenetworks.com

Hi

I have bumped into this problem and it transpires, with the help of 3CX, that it is an issue with A/V. In particular ESET Nod32. If you toggle to advanced setup>Real-time file system protection>Threatsense engine>extension and then take the tick out of "Scan all Files" all will work beatifully. ESET is still scanning waht they deem the most vulnerable./important file extensions.

This issue does not seem to appear in all versions of the call assistant.

Hope that helps

Matt :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mart3cx

Hi,

i have the same problem with version 8.011114.0.

The preferences are set correct (correct ip of server, port 5486, username, passwort, ..) but i always get message "error while connecting to server".

The assistant has already work, but for some weeks it suddenly stopped working. I have already turned off windows firewall and AV. Also on the 3cx server is no firewall running.

I have also restarted all services of 3cx.

Phones an all other services are running normal.

Could anyone help?

tx
    Mart

7. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Are you running some kind of antivirus on there, if you are try remove. The reason being that certain unintelligent virus scanners tend to give the assistant grief as it is slightly over worked, more often then not removing the virus scanner eliminates this problem.

8. pluteus3300

Thanks synapsenetworks.com for the tip with Eset!

Did the trick for me too!

Regards
    Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.