3CX assistant feedback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by instantexpert, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantexpert

I've been using the 7.1 RC1 3CX assistant today and it is significantly better than the beta but still needs some work:

-Refresh is still slow
    -Refresh during paging 20 extensions is so slow that the page is completed before the extensions are all filled in with the page indicator. It then takes an equivalent amount of time for the page indicator to go away.
    -The assistant still has occasional difficulty with reconnecting to the server. Currently, the 3CX assistant is working for my office manager with the aforementioned concerns but I can't see the status of any of the extensions.
    -I've had several engineers complain that the popup steals focus and interrups their work.

I'm excited about the capabilities of this new tool. I'm just concerned that it does not appear to be RC1 quality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. instantexpert

Re: 3CX assistant - not quite ready for prime time

Adding to the list

-When a section is collapsed, the visual cue between + and - is too subtle and difficult to discern at a glance.
    -Periodically, the system gets confused and will display and never clear events or not display them at all. A refresh usually fixes this but is not ideal because it forces a complete re-login and redraw of the screen. Visually and functionally, this is somewhat annoying to experience.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. instantexpert

Just adding to the list of things that impact usability:

-Timeouts are too frequent and, when they happen, the messagebox notification is redundant to the timeout window on the app itself and extremely annoying.

4. instantexpert

Now that 3CX 7.1 RC1 has been running on my server for just over a day and a half, none of my users can login to the assistant console. It always reports a timeout. I have tried restarting the assistant service to no avail. I presume a reboot would fix this but I'm not prepared to do that mid-day.

Edit: An hour later, the assistant now logs in but nobody was able to log in for quite some time.

5. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Does exiting and re-running the Call Assistant change the situation any?

Can you please send us the Call Assistant log file the 3CX\Logs folder ?

What Operating system are you running 3Cx server on ? What service pack level? Is it s 32 or 64 bit machine? Please provide specs.

6. instantexpert

-No, exiting and re-starting the Call Assistant does not change the situation. Neither, apparently, does re-starting the assistant service. There are just periods of time when the assistant will not log in.

-Attached

-Windows 2008 Server X64 SP1

One more note, login takes a significant amount of time. The way your refresh code works appears to be sending partial updates rather than complete refreshes. This is prone to getting confused about what is actually in use at any given time requiring a full refresh. This triggers a client login which can take, in the best case, several seconds which leaves my users without the use of the tool while that is occurring.

Attached Files:

7. instantexpert

FYI, the assistant service locked up today. It wouldn't stop and I had to kill the process. I restarted it and things are working again.

8. instantexpert

Have the problems I've been reporting been duplicated? Is there anything I can do to help resolve the issues I'm having so that you create a stable and adequately performing application?

My current status is that the assistant managed to survive running through the weekend without crashing and I haven't been seing the login problems I was seeing last week but refresh rates are still exceedingly slow. When a phone call comes in, it takes about 10-15 seconds for all of the extensions (20ish) in the ring group to turn yellow.

I hope my reports have been helpful. If you've got everything you need, I'll be happy to stop updating this thread. :)

9. instantexpert

Just installed RC2 last night.

So far user reports are that the assistant is working much bettter but I really won't have anything definitive until the users have had some time with it.

That said, I got greedy and had my assistant office manager page everyone. The 20ish extensions did fill in much faster but were still not amazing. When she hung up, the assistant on her end refreshed. Mine did not. I manually hit the refresh button and login timed out and timed out repeatedly for several minutes but eventually let me log back in.

The question I have is, is this thing using a large amount of resources "per call" causing the system to get bogged down for awhile after a page?

Overall, though, we have a definite improvement in performance for this build.

10. instantexpert

More feedback from my users today, most of them are having intermittent login problems. So, when it is working, the software is *much* more responsive but we're having login issues that are not improved from 7.1 RC1.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

We are going to release a newer version soon. Just waiting for some translation files. We changed a bit the interface too.

I will send you a message when this is uploaded.

12. instantexpert

Fantastic! Will this new version solve the two biggest problems I'm having?

1. Login timeouts
    2. Getting out of sync with the server requiring the user to set the option to refresh every X minutes

Leon

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes we made improvements in this area.

We have a feature that will work in different modes depending on the current machine.

How many clients do you have connected simultaneously?

14. instantexpert

That's fantastic to hear. I have 23 users, of which, I could have anywhere from 5-23 online at any given time. Typical, during this beta phase is around 10.

15. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

After a lot of testing with the Assistant so far i have noticed no such problems unlike the older version where it had these problems.

I've done some stress tests here as well, set it to refresh every 1 minute for a few hours with no Timeout Trouble or any other sync problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.