3CX Assistant Filter by Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zschiffelbein, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zschiffelbein

Just downloaded the demo version of 3CX. Our company is looking to swap over from our current Toshiba system. While playing around with the 3CX Assistant I noticed that there is no way to filter by name. With 100+ users on our system it is really difficult to find the person you want to transfer to. Am I just missing something or does this feature not exist? Even if I could just jump through the list by typing a person's name, it would be very helpful. (Especially for our receptionist) :shock:

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

That feature doesnt exist but you can request it in the features section at http://3cx.ideascale.com

In the meantime a work around could be as follows:

Create groups in 3cx admin for each alphabet letter (e.g. A, B, C, etc.). This is only useful if you are not using groups for something else.

Add the person to their relevant group.
    Now you can expand the group in the assistant to see the people in that group.

That should make it easier for now

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zschiffelbein

Thanks Mark. I'll give that a try. I also think I will go ahead and put in for a feature request.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

if you put in a feature request (I have loads in!) then come back to this post and post the link so others reading it can go and vote on it - the more votes the more likely to be implemented.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, if you are using the latest call assistant - you can drag a call while ringing / transfer a call when connected to any extension you want even if you have 100/ 500 extensions.

What do I mean, just grab that call and go down until you reach the extension you want to transfer to.

Also when having an incoming call, you can divert that call - by right click on the incoming call and a window pops up where you can search by name/phonebook and select OK or else just type the number / ext and transfer is processed.

If you need any help let me know.
    Thanks

6. zschiffelbein

Hi Michael,
    For my receptionist who is constantly getting calls that she needs to transfer, it would be very helpful if she didn't have to scroll through the entire company list to find the person she is looking for. I love the drag and drop feature because the company list is always up to date (phonebook would have to be manually kept up to date). If there is a way to have a persons phonebook always current with everyone's name and extension, this would also solve my problem.
    -Zack

7. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

You could give your receptionist a large (say 24 inch) screen and then get them to maximise the 3CX Assistant application to take up the whole of the screen, as the various areas of the Assistant will then resize themselves to use the extra space (and if you close the Call History you'll get even more available space for viewing extensions).

8. zschiffelbein

This is my plan for now (20" Widescreen flipped vertically). She's just a little "special" :roll: so anything to make the transfer a little faster and more accurate would be helpful. Don't get me wrong though, the current solution is her printing a three page phone list every week and manually transferring calls.

9. zschiffelbein

Sorry Michael, I just figured out what you were talking about. This feature already exists. :p

10. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

You can find this feature in: File > Preferences > View > Sort Extensions by Name / Number :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.