Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Assistant for MAC users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by btaylo1, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btaylo1

My company recently purchased the 3CX system. I am the only MAC user here and I cannot find a version of the assistant I can run on my computer. Does anyone know if such a thing exists. MAC's are far more mainstream. The only thing I find here in forums is old posts one saying that it can be done but looks like no one ever did it.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Mac's are far more mainstream than what? Not Windows machines.

You may be able to get it to work using Wine or Parallels. I don't have a Mac here myself anymore so I cant test that myself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Altough there is no client for mac, like many other applications that are created using windows based programming modules, there are ways and means to run it anyway. Wine is an excellent example, altough I have never tested it and of course there is a fail safe method which is bootcamp, run it install it, might not be the most conventional way of running a program but stipping the OS to its barebones might be helpful.

Hope you get it all sorted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nwhitfield

You can probably run it using Parallels Desktop, in Coherence mode, which allows you to mix Windows and Mac apps side by side. If you're only running one app, should be fine. Network performance is pretty good - when I was doing speed and latency tests in a virtual machine, the results were just as good as on the Mac side.

5. activeserve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.