• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Assistant - General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

psykomotor

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a few general questions about the 3CX assistant:

• Problem: We have an operator who distributes certain calls to agents (a queue distributes most of the calls, but these need to be answered). At any given point, the extensions showing is cluttered with inactive extensions, making it hard to see whos actually logged in.

Question: Is it possible for 3CX assistant to hide extensions which are not registered, rather than showing a grey lamp ? Not all the time of course, just when the phone is not registered. (i.e. there is a "hide extension" option in the PBX, but that hides it outright ?).

Problem: For the same operator, sometimes an attempt is made to pass a call to a phone with DnD active, this often results in a caller being thrown straight to voicemail, when they need to speak to a person.

Question: Is it possible for the 3CX assistant to show extensions as unavailable/busy when the phone is on DnD ? The phones are xlite.

Many thanks in advance.

The answer to your first question is not in V9. In V10 the assistant is moving to a new silverlight based function in myphone. Whether this will have it I do not know. If you feel you need it go to http://3cx.ideascale.com to request a feature.

The normal solution for an operator is to have the sidecar(s) with BLF lights.

The other problem is probably not workable yet either. I dont think many phones show a different status when DND is on. the trick here is to educate the users to use the 3cx rules. There are 5 rules and there is also a DND on the assistant (Action > Set Do Not Disturb On). Using those will change the status in 3cx making it easier for the operator to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.