Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Assistant Issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by simo923, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo923

So i go and buy the full version of 3CX for the 3CX assistant.
    Now though, after reading the forums, and looking at my setup, i am concerned as to whether i can actually use it.

I have 2 networks, on completely different subnets. 1 hosts my VoiP network, and 1 my PC network. All users have 1 voip phone on their desk, working fine, and also their PC sat next to it.

Now the VoiP softphone works absolutely fine from anywhere in the world, so i was assuming, that using tunneling the 3CX assistant would as well.

I cannot get a connection at all. Firstly, is what i am trying to achieve possible? I have setup port forwarding for 5090 as well as all other ports needed for 3CX, not seeing any attempt at connection on the 3CX logs.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

First i would telnet your IP on the Port 5090 and see whats happens.
    Do you see something like this:

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. comresource

comresource Member

Version 7 of the Call Assistant does not use the 3CX tunneling. Version 8, which is in beta now does. I would do some testing with the new version to see if this resolves your issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. simo923

Steffen,

Yes, thats exactly what i get. I am using version 8, although my server is running 7 until 8 is fully released.

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

let me connect to our PBX in a test.
    I need:

External IP or DNS Name (depends what you have set up in Ur PBX as SIP Domain)
    Interal IP of the PBX
    I Assume Tunnel pass is ABC
    An Extention and its password

6. simo923

Stefan,

Thanks.

IP 84.92.90.118
    Internal IP 192.168.0.250
    Tunnel Pass - 1234
    Extension 20
    Password 20

7. lmathers

3CX Assistant is the biggest waste of space on the face of the earth. It is a useless app.

The fact that the Assistant and the phone are not integrated together is just a complete joke from 3CX. I've posted about it before. According to 3CX, they don't support either the 3CX Voip Phone or 3CX Assistant - which begs the question of what exactly they are. Apparently the answer is a soft PBX system.

My answer to what 3CX is: potentially a waste of money.

8. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

There is a reason that they are different applications, and there is a reason they do not provide support for them. Perhaps, if you are having issues you should post on the forums so that we can assist you. It works much better then blasting your own agenda in vain at your failed attempts to understand the system.

9. simo923

Hmmmmmm, well i have posted on a forum and so far, no joy at all.

Interesting the 3cx don't support the assitant. 2 reasons why i paid up for the full version, Fax and 3cx assistant. neither work.

3cx works as a great standalone soft pbx, but i don't think paying up for the full version has any advantages.

10. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

We are all just sitting tight at the moment, Version 8 is just around the corner. It provides fix's for the issues you are having with the assistant. As for the fax, there are some free work arounds with 3rd party software. I will look threw my email tonight to find out the links that I was sent by Brian Conway.

11. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Who said the 3CX Phone is not supported? The Version 6 Client is Not supported anymore since it's simply old, but the newer versions are supported.
    Who said the Assistant is not supported?

If you have paid for your PBX you surely have access to the Support Portal for 3CX. I dont know where you got the idea that we dont support the Assistant.

And as Tip above said, Version 8 is around the Corner with all the Fixes you ever wanted.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Assistant is in BETA. BETA could mean not yet feature complete.
    Assistant of version 7 does not have tunnel integrated. So it is useless trying to use the tunnel.
    Assistant of version 7 works with PBX version 7. Assistant of version 8 works with version 8.

Why is showing the status of the calls and dragging and dropping calls so useless? Not all phone users behind desks like to stay pressing phone buttons to make transfers, so yes in my opinion it is very useful.
    If you do not find it useful - don't use it - very simple. What are you trying to do here in this post?
    We are a voip company - we make a PBX, the 3CX PHONE, 3CX Hotel Module, 3CX Call assistant, 3CX CRM (integrated), 3CX Voice Application Designer And we support them ALL. There are just versions that go together only. Version 7 products should go together (3CX Phone is an exception because it works with any version of 3CX PBX). Version 8 products must go together.

we have CRM integration and soon we will have the phone integrated too. It is a Beta. A beta in this universe means that there is room for improvements, there will be bugs and features to be added.

Who told you that we do not support the Assistant? You paid for a version 7 pbx. You have to use the version 7 Assistant that came with it.
    Fax SENDING is problematic yes - because of Microsoft fax integration. We are going to work on this. If FAX receiving does not work, there are many factors, a) the configuration you are using b) the gateway you are using c)how you configured the gateway etc etc

Did you open any support requests? if yes forward them and I will review them. The call assistant of V7 MUST work with v7 pbx.

13. simo923

Thank you. That cleared up a few issues for me, albeit quite bluntly, but nethertheless i now know to sit tight and wait out. I may well even image my machine and go upto 8 now.

Thanks again

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have problems at the moment please let me know. Or if you have any problems you posted, send me the links and we will check them out. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.