3cx assistant multi pbx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamsc75, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamsc75

Hi,

I have read that the 3cx assistant v9 supports multi tabs or the ability to use multi tabs. I am feeling really stupid here, but I cannot find out any information on how to do this? Or maybe I am misunderstanding it all.

I have 2 PBX's, 1 at each office. We are connected via a VPN and I have setup a tunnel for inter site calls. This all works fantastically and has greatly increased our communications between offices. My only issues is that users in each site use the assistant quite a bit, but cannot see the other sites extensions so have to resort to printed extension lists, or e-mails to check numbers. This is not what I want.

Is it possible to have the 3cx assistant's for each user showing the local PBX extensions AND the remote PBX extensions?

Thanks, any help or a point in the right direction would be great.

Adam

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Yes this is supported on the 3cx assistant.

all you need to do is setup a new connection within the 3cx assistant like you did before and run it off a dummy extension from the other site or another users extension

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adamsc75

Perfect!

Thanks, that works great.

I also played around with the dialling settings and if I use the "make calls by calling URL:" and using the urls: http://serverip:5481/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call&from=extension&pin=pin&to=%number%

I can use the assistant to make calls via a simple double click on either tab!

Brilliant, exactly what I wanted. Just looking for an easier way to distibute a custom URL for each user now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.