Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Assistant needs some work

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lmathers, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmathers

Hi All,

We've been using the "free" version of 3CX for 18 months. We've just upgraded to the "paid" version (3CX Pro - 16 lines in, $2k AUD). We had some problems initally, but they have since been sorted thanks to 3CX team.

We are using the 3CX VoIP phone and 3CX Assistant. I'm still at a loss to understand why the 3CX VoIP CLIENT was not simply updated to support the features in Ver7 - for example, the ability to identify incoming calls as belonging to different providers / lines. This feature (which is critical in a call-centre environment) is strange to leave out.

So, we've changed all of our staff and machines over to the new 3CX Phone and Assistant.

The Assistant still is having a few teething problems though.

It is:
    - failing to log the user in and timing out
    - requiring a restart of the service on the server fairly frequently
    - does not actually display real time information and needs to be refreshed quite often
    - is more difficult to use than it actually needs to be
    - for us, is nothing more than a display of the different extensions, so that you know how to direct a call

I'm still amazed that this needs to be run as a separate app.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Can anyone at 3CX explain why the CLIENT was discarded in preference for two separate apps (and therefore twice as much to possibly go wrong!?)

Cheers,

Lee

2. xor@redlink.de

I'm actually fine with the concept of two apps, since in most environments people don't need all the functionality, but I agree that they were not actually an improvement. It somehow looks like two different teams develop earch app which don't share their experiences, neither do they share the same design/layout nor the same basic functions (e.g. tunnel support for the assistant). Also some important features like quick dialing have been left out.

3. Jazzar

I agree I'm concerned that the voip client seems to have been dropped , also wasn't aware that it will not work with the latest version of 3CX.
    Like yourself we also have a paid version of 3CX using SPA942 phones and need to use the client along side these phones, for presence , speed dial functionality.
    I'm not overly happy with this and i think I will take this up with my 3Cx partner who installed my system.

Thanks
    Jim

4. nathan

The other problem I have noticed is that the Assistant doesn't sign in over a VPN. No go on a windows VPN with a home user or a LAN-LAN VPN maintained by routers at different sites.

Could someone please explain how to get the 3CX assistant to work over a VPN link?????

thanks
    Nathan

5. matictec

matictec New Member

if you use windows vpn-connection under windows vista, you have to set the ip of the vpn-connection manually in the ini of 3cx assistant. if you sue windows xp this should not be necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nathan

Using Windows XP. And what about a LAN-LAN VPN setup where the clients are set to DHCP? Seems to be a little oversight in the client.

7. ofik

I use a software ssl client from kerio to make the tunnel to my central but not being able to connect when outside the local network. my softphones work fine

I have try to edit the assitant ini as suggested..

param

[Server]

but no luck.. any ideas? does the assistant really supports tunnelig?

Guillermo Dewey
    http://www.ofik.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.