3CX Assistant - Not Connected

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikes1p, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikes1p

(Note: I've searched these forums and have read every post before posting)

I'm evaluating 3CX (we desperately need to replace our 15 year old PBX), I have the 3CX soft phone working on a few PC's fine, but cannot get the 3CX Assistant to login. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Tried two client PC's (XP Pro 32 bit and a Win7 64 bit)
    -3CX server and PC's on same LAN (192.168.10.x)
    -Admin user accounts used for installing AND running 3CX Assistant
    -3CX Assistant Installed version: 9.0.15770.0, Executable Version 9.0.0.15723
    -Windows Firewall disabled
    -AV disabled
    -tried setting port to 5486 the Preferences -> Advanced -> Use fixed port
    -tried selected the PC's IP in Preferences -> Advanced -> Client interface IP
    -triple checked that the extension and pin match what is set on the 3CX admin console
    -I also read this: http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/installation/

3CX server is running Version 10 service pack 1.1 on Win 2003, firewall disabled, no AV installed
    -Both Server logs do not show any entries relating to this

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

3CX Assistant does not work with 3CX Phone System V10, the MyPhone replaced the assistant.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikes1p

Thanks for the reply. Certainly an easy fix!

One suggestion would be to update your web site or at least the Assistant web pages, it wasn't obvious to me that it wouldn't work for v10 or that it had been replaced for v10.

Thanks
    Mike S

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello Mike,

Give me some feedback about this, so I can make some changes. When you upgraded to V10 did you read any of the blog posts about it? I would like to add this information without making too many changes to the website/blog. I look forward to your feedback on this.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mikes1p

Well I just stumbled onto Assistant while poking around the website trying to figure out how to make Outlook dial with 3CXPhone app, without realizing it had been replaced. Had the pages that mention Assistant web pages, such as this one: http://www.3cx.com/3CXAssistant/ said what server versions it works with or had a something like this "NOTE: for v10 servers use MyPhone instead of this" it would have saved me some head ache.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.