Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Assistant not Connecting

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sanmiguel, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanmiguel

Hi Everyone!

I'm a technical support individual for a small non-profit orgranization and we were having some trouble with a client computer. The computer doesn't seem to be able to connect to the 3cx voip system. It says that its connecting, but it won't connect. I have checked with other clients and there 3cx clients seem to work well. So I have unistalled the 3cx client with revo unistaller and clean up the registery with ccleaner and then installed the client again. At that point I made sure the 3cx assistant had the same settings as everyone else. It still did not connect. So I turned off the windows firewall and it made no difference. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

-Alex

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Welcome to the community :mrgreen:
    Is there anything different with the PC? OS, network ?
    Does the VOIP phone connect, or is it just the assistant?
    If you enter the extension details of another user does it register?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sanmiguel

The phone connects just fine , the software just doesn't work. The only changes have been the upgrade of the client since the client wasn't working before I thought upgrading it would fix the problem. Unfortunately it did not do anything to resolve the problem :roll:

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Please ensure you have no Antivirus installed.
    What OS are you using?
    Try and create a new extension and connect to it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sanmiguel

I will be on campus tomorrow, so I will try and create a new extension. But I wonder if I switched extension with another that is known to work, what would the difference be if I switched it with a new one? Shouldn't the 3CX assistant connect properly when switched with a good working extension?

I am currently running xp pro sp3 x86 with all the latest patches and when you say no AV. Do you mean temporarily remove it to see if that is the issue or do you mean never have an AV while running the 3cx assistant?

6. mfm

mfm Active Member

No I want would like to test it with the antivirus uninstalled, sometimes they tend to go wrong so I would like to eliminate that possibility.

7. sanmiguel

Okay, I will give you the results tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt reply :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.