3CX Assistant not connecting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by skagen, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skagen

Hello, I am having an issue with the 3CX assistant not connecting when my pc is connected through the polycom IP560 phones we have. If I connect the pc directly to the wall, there is no problem, but as soon as I connect through the phone, the assistant will not connect, and eventually time out. I have checked the credentials in the settings, I do not have a firewall turned on, I have double checked the IP of the server, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times. Has anyone had the same issue!? At the bottom of the 3CX assistant, I get an error "error while connecting to server"
    Any ideas? thanks in advance.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

It is strange this issue, if you run a wireshark capture do the packets reach the PBX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. skagen

I ran a capture, and I see my pc IP under source, but the destination IP is the broadcast address of our network, not the PBX address that is configured in the preferences. Also I do not see any responses from my PBX.

4. skagen

Update: I DO see packets reaching the PBX; a "Request: subscribe SIP 1234@192.168.0.74:5060" (1234 being my extension number), and I see a reply, "Status: 489 Event Package Not Supported"
    That is the only traffic I see between the two machines.

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, what version of call assistant are you using?
    Also did you try to change the client interface IP of Call Assistant.
    Go to File > Preferences > Advance and change Auto Detect to an IP address.

Also if possible can you send me the logs of the Call Assistant ( C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\3CX Assistant\Logs\tcx.assistant.client.exe).

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. skagen

Thanks for the reply. I changed the auto-detect to the IP address with no luck.
    The version of assistant has 2 numbers: Installed version 8.0.11114.0, and an Executable version 8.0.0.11110
    I have the log file, how do you want it sent? Just post it here? (it's quite large)

7. skagen

Ok, I have it figured out, it was a layer 8 issue. I continued to trouble-shoot by installing the assistant on another computer and connecting the phone to the second computer as well and everything worked fine. It turns out that when I installed the assistant on the second computer, the default port under advanced options is set to 5486, which works. When I install it on the first computer, the port defaults to 5060 for some reason, causing a communication error. I changed the port, and everything works. I don't know why it defaulted differently on different computers, but at least it is an easy fix!
    Thanks again.

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, good to know that your issue was fixed.
    I thought so that you had something which was conflicting.

Yes Call Assistant when installed use a default port 5486.
    Also I think that 5060 was being used by the PBX?

Still if you need anything else please do not hesitate.
    Thanks

9. WINWARE

None of this suggestion have fixed our problem like this. Our 3cx Assistant was working fine one day, and not the next. It has stopped working company wide. The service is running, and the ports in the clients have not changed from the default install of the client. I have tried changing the Auto Detect IP from client to the IP of the client with no luck. I have uninstalled the Phone Server completely and reinstalled also with no luck. The Assistant just launches and stays on the screen saying that it is logging in, and never does.

10. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could you try re-starting the Assistant service on the PBX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.