3CX Assistant - Not in Asc or Des Order**FIXED RC2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by clarityscg, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarityscg

We are still seeing 3CX Assistant not sorting. In other wods a mixed bag of extensions appear and it will not sort alpha at all. Ver. 9.0.1173.0.

Issue is occurring on all types of workstations (Windows 7, XP Pro, etc.).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 3CX Assistant - Not in Ascending or Descending Order

You can select the type of sorting you want from the Assistant preferences menu.
    - Sort extensions by number
    - Sort extensions by name

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PaulD

This used to work. I'm running version 9.0.13373.0/9.0.0.13387 and I'm afraid that whichever option is selected, no sorting occurs for me. Also, I think earlier versions used to put registered users to the top of the list and that doesn't seem to happen any longer.

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, its a known issue and will be fixed next release.
    Kind Regards,

5. PaulD

Excellent. May I also point out that if Extension Groups are established, they also seem to order oddly. If there is no mechanism to determine the order of groups, may I suggest that they might order alphabetically (which they don't currently).

Ta

6. PaulD

...... and it's now totally fixed in V9RC2. It's really nice to have this working once more - well done guys.

May I also point out that if Extension Groups are established, they also seem to order oddly. If there is no mechanism to determine the order of groups, may I suggest that they might order alphabetically (which they don't currently).

Thanks guys - keep up the good work.

7. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Paul, for the Extension Groups - sort by alphabetically order, in this version they are shown correctly.
    We use a standard of showing Extension groups,

If your Extension is under Mangement Group let say Ext 100- You will be always under the first group.
    From there onwards the Extensions Groups gets alphabetically sorted.

Now if your Extension lets say is under Testing Group and you are connected to Ext 103- This group will be the First group shown in the Call Assistant then again sorted alphabetically.

For the Not Group Members - if you have any extension whcih are Not Registered we displayed them as last Group.

Also think in mind, let say you have 7 Groups and you have around 150 extensions. Now if we make them in alphabetically order as you said, what will happen to the last Group and last Extension when he wants to drag a call, transfer a call, to chat with his of group extensions and so on?

But still thanks for your comments.
    Regards,

8. PaulD

Sorry to be a nuisance. I still find that the Extension Group names are NOT sorted alphabetically - have I misunderstood? In the attached JPEG, ICT comes before HR. Have I missed something?

Cheers
    Paul

Attached Files:

9. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Paul, Extension 1342 is part of the group ICT?
    Thanks and Regards.

10. PaulD

Ah! I see it all now!!! Perfectly logical and I apologise for being so obtuse.

Cheers
    Paul

11. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Paul, no problem at all :)
    Thanks and regards

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is solved right? We made a fix for this to show them in the configured order.

13. PaulD

I think it was probably my misunderstanding. I now understand that Assistant presents the group that I am in first, followed by all others in alpha order. Entirely logical and working fine for me.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.