3CX Assistant not showing any presence and not registered.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cybermonkey, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybermonkey

We just setup a new 3cx system on a 2008 server with IIS. The system was working fine and we started to setup more clients, and gateways. Shortly after setting up our VOIP provider (junction networks) we lost all connection with our 3CX Assistants. When they open everything is grayed out and says “Not Registered” At the bottom of the assistant it says it’s connected to the server. Also out 3CXPhones are connected, registered, And are working fine.

From the 3CX assistants we are able to pull up the users Home and see the Presence there. (Extension/Port Status) it’s just not showing anything in the assistant.
    I tried to pull the server logs but they do not seem to be logging the assistants.

We do not have any physical phones attached to the system and are not using any 3rd party soft phones. We are only using the 3CX Assistant and 3CXPhone. Everything but the Presence of the assistant appears to be working.

Any help in getting the presence on the assistant working would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information please let me know and I will be happy to provide what I can.

Thanks
    Chris

2. jjspyder

I have this same problem. I am also using windows Server 2008 with IIS. I have Linksys SPA942 phones that all work fine, but the assistant says all extensions are not registered.

3. trinity

I don't have an answer, but I thought I'd chime in with a 'me too'.
    I installed my first 3CX 1 week ago at home on WHS with a nokia e51, SPA502, and 3CX softphone. The assistant is on windows 7. Firewalls enabled or disabled on either the WHS or the W7 machine makes no difference.
    I've actually never seen the assistant working yet, but I'm sure it does.
    I'll be doing an install at the office in the next couple of weeks so I guess I'll see what happens in 2k3 Server with XP clients.

4. DeWild1

me three, last update killed it for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DeWild1

Ugg, you have to buy it now to get the Call Asistant to work.. :shock: :cry:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Cybermonkey

We ordered a license key for the system and once that was installed the assistant is now working…

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Why is it a " :shock: and :cry: " for you?
    "3CX phone" is still the free product... ;)

8. jjspyder

It's still advertised as part of the "Free" version in the marketing flyer. Why would they suddenly take it out? I had been using Version 6 for a while and the only reason I went through the headache of upgrading was to try the Assistant. I feel like I wasted my time now.

9. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Are you tried to press Refresh button in the Assistant interface?

10. DeWild1

Tahaha,, you..?? Man, I went through all the trouble of making an applicastion just for the 3CX Assistant.. It looked up the called ID in my online access database and then displayed the clients info on my techs computers.. And if the caller ID was not found, it would display the area code info from WIKI!!!
    Now, that is a big waist of time now that they are done teasing us...

Ever hear of the work "cock tease"...
    3CX tease.
    Coolness tease.
    Program tease.
    :mrgreen:

Paaa please let us have it back...

I will buy it when I can afford it.

I could just revert to http://www.easyadrun.com/3CXPhoneSystem8.0.9908.exe the version with many bug fixes but I think the 3CX Call assistant still worked back then...
    Or maybe it was the one from oct... http://www.easyadrun.com/3CXPhoneSystem8.0.9532.exe
    but I would rather have your newest and latest and greatest build.

11. wzaatar

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, and speaking about about 'free' features. Did you notice that the number of calls 'shrunk' on the free version from 8 to 4 when it got upgraded post-v6? :D

12. Mike MSTG

was there any answer to this problem? I recently had to move our 3cx instance to a new PC (from Win 7 to Win XP) and while it was working when hosted by the former, it has yet to work on the new box. I used the backup/restore tool to move our 3cx install.

The 3cx assistant shows all the extensions but presence does not work at all (each extension shows not registered even though on the server itself as well as on the 'MyPhone' pages on the extension/port status they both show all extensions as registered).

I've run the firewall check and it passed no problem. I should also note that I installed 3cx assistant on the Win XP box that is hosting the 3cx system and it didn't work there either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.