Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Assistant uses IP for MyPhone launch

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Ok this ties in with the other post I just posted about the internal IP address and provisioning, but it is distinct enough that I think it warrants its own post.

Regardless of what I do, I can not convince 3cx Assistant to launch "MyPhone" using anything except the IP address of the 3cx box. From where is it getting that IP? Is it resolving the hostname I put in and just defaulting to that? I can't tell if it is a local IP what because of my setup (3cx is not natted - it directly on (ie NIC is bound to) a publicly addressable IP address).

Also - there seems to be no way to tell 3cx Assistant to use SSL to access MyPhone. If I'm accessing it over the internet, I would prefer it go over SSL.

Thanks,

Chavous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.