Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Assistant (v8.0.9924): Queue calls not being displayed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RaTix, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaTix

I recently upgraded my 3cx Phone System Mini Edition from v7.1 to v8.0.10116. Everything seems to work fine except one small, yet important, function. The 3cx Assistant (v8.0.9924) is not displaying the calls in queue. The queue itself functions as it should, with all calls getting routed properly and ringing the proper extensions. It just won't display them in the 3CX Assistant's queue list like in the last version (v7/7.1). The only place the call details do show up is in the Active Calls -> External Calls section.

I have made sure that the "See Call Details" option in the extension group is checked. However even those in the Management group are unable to see the calls in the queue. The extensions show as ringing when a queue call comes in, and can be answered with the Caller ID being passed to the phone client, but won't display it in the queue itself.

Thinking maybe there was an issue with upgrading, I reinstalled a fresh copy of the phone system on a test machine, but with the same results. I've tested the Assistant on an XP Pro and Win7 ultimate client machine. And of course I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times. Is there something I am over looking in the settings, was this removed/changed in the newer version, or is this a bug in the newer version?

3cx Phone System Server (v8.0.10116): Windows server 2008 RC2 in Hyper V (Phenom II quad-core, 6MB RAM)
    SIP Provider: Call Centric
    Phones: Express Talk and 3cx Phone (tested with both just for the heck of it)
    Client OS: Windows 7 Ultimate and XP Professional. Tested from the same LAN, and from remote location via tunnel.

Any help is appreciated.

2. RaTix

To give a better understanding of what I'm talking about, I've attached an image from the Extensions Manual showing the calls waiting in queue. This is not happening in my 3CX Assistant. If no one has a solution fine, but can anyone tell me if this is actually how it's supposed to work or does the manual just need to be updated? I want to know if I'm just chasing shadows here. As of right now, and the way it is, I have no idea how long calls are waiting in queue for. The active calls only show the callers phone # and if they are in a queue, but not the time they've been waiting.

Attached Files:

3. glipschitz

Hi RaTix,

Ensure the extensions you want to have full features available to in the Assistant are in the MANAGEMENT group in 3CX.

Cheers,

Greg Lipschitz
    The Summit Group - http://www.thesummitgroup.com.au

4. RaTix

Already did, check my first post
    Contacted Deerfield (my reseller), and they said it was a known issue that was going to be fixed in the next version.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check latest version of the PBX.

This has updates in the system of the call assistant - Updater the ca

make sure you have 9924 and click on check for updates.

This was a bug that was fixed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.