3CX Assistant with Outlook in Exchange configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garethb_83, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garethb_83

I noticed in the Known issues of current 3CX Assistant there is an issue with it resolving outlook clients when in exchange mode.
    Is there any workaround so outlook can resolve incoming CLI to existing contact within outlook?
    It says its a permission issue so can I change what ever permission to get it working?

Any Help would be good as this is one of the advantages for 1 of my clients which are currently trialling.

Thanks

Gareth

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The latest version fixes that problem.
    http://wiki.3cx.com/change-log/3cx-assistant-build-history

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. garethb_83

Seen the new version. Thanks... I've started to visit he download page every couple of days to see if there are any updates. Would be nice if we had notification in an email..

4. GasperS

I installed the new version of assistant (7.1.3438.0). We also have the latest version of 3CX server installed (7.1.7139.0) but 3CX assistant still doesn't pick callers from our exchange (exchange 2003).

For users connected to 3CX PBX name is also shown, but for other users only caller number is shown.

The only way, I managed to display caller name was to create my own phone book in outlook, then enable CRM integration. This way caller name is displayed in CRM pop-up window.

Am I missing something?

5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You need to have the exchange folder mapped in your Outlook, and enable CRM Integration, configuring it to look for contacts in the Exchange folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. GasperS

Can you please explain how to map an exchange folder to outlook?

7. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When you are connected to Exchange with Outlook you can see shared folders in Exchange.
    Those shared folders are listed in the Outlook Plug-in configuration of the CRM Integration module. You need to check the folder where you want to look for contacts in Exchange. This is explained in detail in the CRM Integration user's manual. You can take a look at it at http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXAssistantCRMIntegrationManual.pdf.

8. GasperS

Thank you for your help Ernesto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.