• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Audio Dropouts at 9 min 53 sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanbolitho

Reaction score
Hi All,

Tech info:
Win XP pro service pack 2
Cassini server
using up-to-date 3cx system and latest release 3CX soft phone.
Engin voip provider

My issue is that the audio in my calls drops out at exactly 9 mins and 53 secs into each call. The call does not drop out at all it just sits active with the timer ticking over with no audio.

Both PSTN telstra lines and other viop lines drop out.

I have a friend that calls me and leaves the phone active and on hold so I can hear the onhold music. When the sound drops out he then takes me off hold and puts me back on hold and I have sound again. Then I can listen for another 9 mins 53 secs before it drops out again. Then he repeats the on-hold / off-hold action and it continues in that format until I end the call.

Warmest regards
Alan

alanbolitho said:
I have a friend that calls me and leaves the phone active and on hold so I can hear the onhold music. When the sound drops out he then takes me off hold and puts me back on hold and I have sound again. Then I can listen for another 9 mins 53 secs before it drops out again. Then he repeats the on-hold / off-hold action and it continues in that format until I end the call.

When he takes you off hold and put you on hold the PBX will not see any change (SIP message) come from the provider as the call hasn't actually been terminated. Putting a call on hold in no way affects how the other end sees the call. You say PSTN calls do this too? What gateway are you using? Is this happening on one phone only, one make of phone? Have you tried using the 3CX softphone for testing? Have you tried swapping out your router or connecting your 3CX computer directly to your modem picking up a public IP and making a test call? It's almost like something (your router?) is giving up forwarding the voice packets. You need to narrow down as to what is the cause... the phone, the PC or something on your network...router, hub, switch etc.

What I would do...is first look at the 3CX, log paying attention to the nine minute mark (on verbose) to see if anything shows up. I suspect it won't, but you never know. You can try Wireshark to see if there is any change.

Does an internal call continues to pass voice for over 10 minutes?

Thank-you for all those suggestions.

The simple answer is that I have tried each solution you suggested... to no avail. Including reinstalling the entire 3cx system on a different server and re-downloading ver 8 and reloading it. Verbose and wireshark shows no evidence of audio drop as you have already indicated.

A solution has been found, albeit a frustrating solution as it does advance the cause to finding out why this happens. Solution for me was to upgrade to Ver 9. All works fine now. How annoying is that.

Does anyone else have audio drops on the 3cx systems. I would love to compare notes..

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.