3CX + AudioCodecs MP-202 + Speakers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by onemore, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onemore

Hello everybody,

Quick question.
    I'm trying to set up a sort of Public Adress system. My goal is, from my computer, being able to send a message (voice or sound) through a set of speakers daisy chained.

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what type of 3CX package do I need to install on my laptop? (I guess something that turns my laptop as a PBX).

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The ATA to the Bogen, to the speakers, would be a fairly run of the mill Paging system. Dial a number that is assigned to the ATA, it rings the Bogen, which answers and the caller is connected to the speakers.

Did you just want another extension, served by the 3CX PBX to have access to the paging extension? Sending it "from a Computer" would probably involve running the 3CX Phone on a PC and having it controlled by the computer. If this is just a simple "one to one", you could probably eliminate the PBX and possibly have the PC direct SIP call the MP-202 if supported. I say probably and possibly as direct SIP calls can require some trial and error especially if you are not all that familiar with VoIP. The 3CX phone does not support direct SIP calls, but there may be other PC based VoIP phones that do.

You can try running the free version of 3CX, and then register the MP-202, as an extension as a starting point. The second FXS port could be a second extension, used to place test calls to the paging extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.