Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx autodiscover not working over Ubiquiti link

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

We use T46G's with 3CX, and normally when I bootup a new phone, it shows up easily in the 3CX Phones node. Today I did this via our wired LAN, and it worked just fine. Then I installed another new T46G at an outbuilding that's connected via Ubiquiti M5 point-to-point link, and there the autodiscover into the Phones node does not work.

Has anyone experienced this with Ubiquiti radios?

Our network is flat - no Vlan's, only one IP range.
    TIA.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think the ubiquity might block multicast requests by default...
    I would check their wiki for more info...

As a test Try multicast paging between the buildings... If it doesn't work - then I think this is the answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. engin411

engin411 New Member

Multicast is turned on. It still doesn't work.

I found that the $MA.xml file for a Cisco file is not in the provisioning folder. Perhaps that's the bigger issue. Can someone PM me this file?

**Edit - I am trying this with a Yealink T46G and a Cisco 525G2 I have here.

4. engin411

engin411 New Member

I turned Multicast on on the Ubiquiti radios, but that didn't make a difference.
    Then I just moved on... I only have a handful of phones using these PTP links, so I just provision them at my office and then deploy them.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.