• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX backup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrjohnson

Reaction score
Below is an error message I've gotten every night this week trying to back up. I didn't see any backup posts about this one specifically.

I can backup manually with no issue. File sizes look to be accurate. It's only the automatic ones that are failing.

"3CX Phone System tried to backup but failed due to the following reason(s):

System.Net.FtpClient.FtpCommandException: Internal error renaming the file

at System.Net.FtpClient.FtpClient.Rename(String path, String dest)

at _3cxBackupRestoreImpl.Filesystem.FTP.FtpFilesystem.Move(String filename1, String filename2)

at BackupRestoreSchedule.BackupJob.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)"

Have you allowed 3CX to write to that folder?
Any Network changes?
We have written a script so it changes the name of the file, copies it elsewhere and then deletes. That fixed the issue we were having with the back up. If you want our script, let me know :)

No changes that I'm aware of. And I should know. Even so, the manual backups I did had no issue. Even made one with the same name to test overwriting; still no issue. I would think that with manual backups not having issues accessing and writing to the directory, then neither should the automatic process.

This issue never truly went away. It stopped being so frequent, but recently happens at least two to three times a week now. Is nobody else having this issue or anyone have a resolution to this?

Hello @jrjohnson

What FTP server are you using and what PBX version are you running?

Running 15.5.5 and we're using FileZilla server.

Also, same error occurred over night again.

same here, just started on one of my customers with no known change. Filezilla server as well. I can see it creates the .tmp file and then seems to be having an issue on the rename

Im having the exact same problem, on more then one site. Also Filezilla, no updates etc, just started happening. Latest 3CX

No issues for me using Windows Server 2012R2 FTP. I would finger point to something to do with FileZilla

Having similar issue. I've noticed that if I remove the Call logs, Chats and Conference data option everything is good again. Haven't had a chance to figure out why or open a ticket yet.

I tried unticking the "Call logs, Chats and Conference" but same problem.

We ran into this same error. Upon checking with 3CX and piecing together a little about stuff I don't know that much about
I believe 3CX uploads the file using a temporary name and after the upload is complete it issues some sort of a Rename command. This probably is to keep from wiping out the previous upload before the new upload is known to complete satisfactorily.
Some hosts do not support the rename command.
I don't know if your host changed their level of support of this feature or maybe you updated your 3CX version/SP?
Hope this helps.
Allen

Reactions: vanguard08
I'll open a ticket with support when things ease off and try get to the bottom of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.