Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Backup - Notify on Fail Only

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by craigreilly, Apr 18, 2017.

3cx Backup - Notify on Fail Only 5 5 72votes
5/5, 72 votes

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Would like preference to email me on Backup Failure Only. I get so many Success Emails, that I start to ignore them.
    Please make this as part of the scheduling options. Sometimes, I may want to see Success and Fail, or Only Fail, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Kongo, JerN, IetSInfo and 3 others like this.
  2. Sophie Ramos

This is a great idea! Being able to choose which kind of emails (Failure/Success) to receive is much more manageable than receiving all of it. I hope this idea goes through and gets implemented.

Kongo and craigreilly like this.
  3. BartLanz

I too would like to see this happen!

Kongo likes this.
  4. lutz

+1 for me

Kongo likes this.
  5. V..

V..

One thing you may want to consider though is if you do not receive an e-mail how can you know for sure that the backup ran. Are you not able to setup a rule on your email client to file them away but still give you the ability to check the history of the job?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Kongo likes this.
  6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If it didn't run then it failed. 3cx should be able to "see" that no backup was created and send the email.

7. Dave-TTG

Also please add the ability to edit the "Scheduled Backup Failed!" email template and add a customer/server name, because at the moment it doesn't show in the body of the email or subject which server generated the alert. Not a big deal when you've got only one 3CX to look after, but when you've got hundreds that all send to a central alerts mailbox then you've got problems

You can just check the email headers for the sender WAN IP and match it up using that, but there has to be an easier way :)

jbryant84, supsol and craigreilly like this.
  8. ChrisHerrmann

+1 currently it's unusable with any level of volume.

9. Tom Howard

10. Charlie Osborne

11. Neturius

12. aws2p

On 3CX scheduled backup to FTP server , i experienced to receive succesfull backup emails when backup were not done, on destination folder just a 0 byte file created, so clearly i don't trust the 3CX process to check if there's a real backup done. Email give no waranty you have done a backup.

13. lcircle

14. billthenerd

+1

15. mikeimpo

16. dpink

17. 12494

12494 Member

+1

18. Rich.Hopkins

+1

Would also like to see this implemented.
    I'm currently using this strategy for our Data Backups.
    I only want to know if something needs fixing, not that it worked as expected.
    We're in danger of information overload!

19. Kevinrek

+1

20. giwm

giwm New Member

Backup AND recovery on fail only. With latest version, we no longer get the successful recovery emails, so... hopefully it's not failing either. But I'd have to manually check every day.