Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Backup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gbg2001, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbg2001

Hi there

Firstly thanks to those who helped me with my last problem posted here, I really and so greatful for all the help and advise.. Cheers

I just wanted to know is it possible to initiate a backup of my 3CX installation from another PC rather than the one the 3CX is installed on.

I have 3CX on a PC in the loft, and do not really want to keep running up there to back it up each day, I know I can use Tasks to run an auto backup, but I like to use a dirrent name on each backup so I can keep many of them..

So I would like to site by the fire using my laptop and start a backup just as though I was in the cold loft doing :)) :shock:

Cheers

Glen

2. gbg2001

Thanks for that.. I was hoping to use the Backup program that comes with 3CX, as it is better intergrated for doing a restore....

But again thanks a lot

Glen

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Enable remote desktop on the loft machine and rdp to the machine from downstairs.

Then Trigger a backup normally.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gbg2001

Thanks for all the help..

I have ended up using Remote Desktop, not waht I wanted but does the job A OK.. Cheers again

Glen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.