3CX Behind Microsoft TMG

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PhillipsTaylorBrown, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhillipsTaylorBrown

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem getting our phonesystem setup behind Microsoft TMG.

There is another post describing disabling NAT on Asterix - but that doesn't help me...

When an incoming call is made - there is no audo and the following is logged in the

MS105000 C:18.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=<ISA LAN Address>:10102,extAddr=0.0.0.0,localAddr=<Isa WAN Address>:9028

I've gone through the TMG SIP configuration wizard with what I beleive are the correct values.

help please?!?

Many thanks in advance,

Tony.

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    Could this be an RTP - media problem caused by firewall? I noted that you mentioned ISA, so you might have an ISA firewall. This article might help you. http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/isa-server/ Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhillipsTaylorBrown

Not hugely helpful I'm afriad.... Don't use ISA / TMG isn't really a solution.

Microsoft TMG (ISA Servers successor) does support SIP traffic / trunks now so not having some guidance on using TMG with 3CX is a big hole in your current documentation.

From Microsoft's 'TMG Features' document...

Enhanced Network Address Translation (NAT)
    Forefront TMG now enables you to specify individual e-mail servers that can be published on a 1-to-1 NAT basis.

Enhanced Voice over IP support
    Forefront TMG includes SIP traversal, enabling simpler deployment of Voice over IP within the network.

We're not going to replace our £2000 enterprise firewall with a £100 router that can't do stateful inspection, malware checking, url filtering, reporting - It's far easier for us to change our internal software PBX.

Since a number of people have asked the question on this forum - I suggest one of the 3CX techies reads this guide - and comments on it's compatibility with the 3CX phone system.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee690384.aspx

Tony.

4. carltoncl

I second the request for more documentation on setting up 3CX with Forefront TMG. Right now we are in the process of upgrading from ISA Server 2006 to Forefront TMG. Our VoIP traffic with 3CX is handled using a Cisco router and it performs just fine. But we'd like to consolidate everything for ease of management onto our TMG box.

5. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

If you have a static IP address from your ISP, try clearing you Stun server settings and configure your VOIP provider registration settings to use your external IP. This works well with our TMG server without even utilizing the SIP configuration wizard in TMG. The 3CX firewall test will not work without the Stun server is all.

6. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

You can disregard my previous post. RTP packets are no longer being received. Not sure what has changed but if I am able to resolve I will post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.