3CX Bridge Caller-ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eagle2, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Is somebody aware how caller-ID sent over bridge between 3CX systems could be manipulated ?

Bridge is allowing to choose what you sent as a Caller's Name, but not what is sent as Caller ID, normally you get ID of the bridge, e.g. 1xxxx. I want to be able to send either extension caller's ID, taken from extension settings in the remote PBX or a specific one.

I would be better to manipulate the outbound parameters, as well as inbound parameters like trunks or gateways, this will be at least more flexible (and also making 3CX more universal, allowing interconnecting with other systems too).

Any guideline whether .xml configuration can be fixed, there is a section outbound parameters (looking into backup file) ?

Best regards,
    Orlin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I set outbound caller Id on the extensions only because the users at the remote offices do not have any did lines except the main number... But I too would like to know the best way
    What version of 3cx?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Whatever version, makes no difference.

However version 11 was more compatible with other brands, at least remote extension number was received from slave remote PBXs, with version 12 you don't have even this. More over this is not working correctly even between two 3CX Phone Systems, impossible to present correctly caller-ID to main PBX SIP trunks (scenario is 2 PBXs, only one has SIP trunk with many DIDs, slave PBX extensions can be reached via inbound rules, but not possible remote extensions to present themselves correctly via bridge, regardless of settings).

This feature has been requested many times (in forum, on Facebook what was funny as platform, now on ideas.3cx.com) by various users, but neglected by 3CX. Posting ideas simply makes no sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.